Participation Is An Opportunity
You have the opportunity to be a part of your child's early education at LCNS! Parents are an intregal part of the school and LCNS would not be the incredible school that it is without the cooperative spirit and dedication of our wonderful parents. We pride ourselves on giving our children a safe, welcoming environment, and employ teachers who have made children their priority. Parents are encouraged and required to volunteer on committees, and even as Board members. However, all members have the opportunity to participate in the democratic process when decisions and changes are made.
More About Participation
You may be wondering what, exactly, participation at LCNS is, and what is required. When enrollment is high or full, two teachers and two parents (or guardians) are with the children each day school is in session. Parents watch and interact with children on the playground, during circle time, and assist the teachers during activities. When participating, parents are required to bring a healthy snack, and with the other participating parent, prepare and serve the food to the children. Some cleaning is involved, too.
What You Can Expect
- Registration fee and monthly tuition.
- New families attend an orientation meeting at the beginning of each semester to learn what is to be expected, what committees need participating parents, and to meet and greet our lovely staff and other new families.
- Special consideration in participation requirements is given to families with twins or multiples enrolled in the same class.
- You will attend biannual (spring and fall) membership meetings.
- Watch the talents of our teachers interact with the children while you serve as a teacher's aide in the classroom and provide a snack once or twice a month.
- Clean the school (upstairs or downstairs) one weekend per semester.
- Each family contributes only four hours each year in work days. This may include cleaning, equipment repair, yard work, painting, and organizing, etc.
- Provide help and support with fundraising projects. Our school would not continue without the money from these fundraisers and other donors.
- You have the opportunity to serve on one of our several committees. This is where your talents as a community cooperative member can shine!